The Senior Community Service Employment Program provides low-income seniors 55+ with work experience and training in order to assist them in securing permanent community-based employment. If you want to get back into the workforce, Goodwill can help! Plus, you'll get paid while learning new job skills.
Senior Community Service Employment Program
Program Locations (by county)
"The Senior Community Service Employment Program gave me new hope after losing my mother and my wife to medical issues. I had fallen on hard times and became homeless. But SCSEP got me job training, helped me get into an apartment and now I have a great job at Goodwill's donation center."
Goodwill® proudly participates in the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP), a national employment and training program funded by the U.S. Department of Labor. A $22,791,863 grant from the U.S. Department of Labor provided 90 percent of the funding for Goodwill’s SCSEP programs in the program year 2022. Goodwills provided the remaining 10 percent through in-kind contributions worth more than $2,279,186.
See http://www.goodwill.org/scsep/ for funding details. received a subaward of $1,433,440 and is contributing in-kind contributions valued at $167,093.46 to cover the remaining 10 percent of operational costs.