Thrifting is partially the art of finding a deal. But what if you had a way to get an even deeper discount off that item that’s already a bargain basement price? Heck, that would mean you’ve scored big time!
Here’s how you can score an even better deal at your local Goodwill store:
- Shop on Mondays: All Goodwill Industries of New Mexico stores, with the exception of the GoodBuys 99-cent store and Clearance Corner, offer 25% off your entire purchase every Monday. No coupon required, the discount is automatically applied at checkout.
- Sign up for Goodwill's E-Newsletter: Every month Goodwill sends out a shopper e-newsletter. This one email contains DIY project ideas, informative articles and often times a special discount coupon. This one can be printed or you can just show the email on your phone at checkout. Sign up for Goodwill's shopper e-newsletter today!
- Spend $20 or More: Each time you spend $20 dollars or more at the register, you’ll automatically get a 10% off coupon valid on your next purchase.
- Attend Special Events: Throughout the year, Goodwill will host special events where they offer discounts to shoppers and donors. For instance, they have one coming up on June 20 at the 1021 Venada Plaza Drive store in Bernalillo. It’s a Camaro car show with sidewalk sale. In addition to seeing some amazing cars, you can spin a prize wheel for extra discounts (and Goodwill swag) at the Bernalillo store. Plus, the event is free, so it’s win-win.
- Fill Out a Survey: Through the end of June, shoppers at specific Goodwill stores can fill out a survey for a chance to win a $100 gift card. Those stores include: 11500 Menaul Blvd NE in Albuquerque, 7120 Holly Ave NE in Albuquerque, 6636 Caminito Coors NW in Albuquerque and 1021 Venada Plaza Drive in Bernalillo. All you need to do is fill out a short survey about your experience at that store and you are automatically entered to win. The winner will be picked on July 1. It’s free money, so take a few minutes and fill out a survey!