GoodDeeds Community Partnership Program
GoodDeeds is a donation drive program that creates partnerships with local nonprofits such as schools, sports teams, religious organizations, and others. By hosting a GoodDeeds donation drive, you can raise funds for your organization by collecting items that your supporters are happy to donate. The things you collect generate revenue to fund your projects and also generate revenue that funds Goodwill's free programs and services.
Our GoodDeeds calendar is commonly booked 4-6 weeks in advance. If you are very interested in a particular date, please submit your application today.
Do you have a question that is not addressed on this page? Please ask now!
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible?
Any of the following types of nonprofit organizations located in Albuquerque Metro, Los Lunas, Rio Rancho, Corrales or Bernalillo:
- Schools and school clubs
- Religious organizations
- Service clubs (Rotary, Optimists, Civitans, etc)
- Non- professional sports teams/leagues
- Professional associations
- Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts
- Any organization designated as nonprofit by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service
What are the steps to hosting a GoodDeeds event?
- Submit a GoodDeeds Application.
- A GoodDeeds representative will contact you.
- Once approved, you will receive an email with available event dates and a password to log in as a GoodDeeds Partner.
- Once in the partner portal you must submit the online agreement to hold your event date.
- From the partner portal, you can download all forms and instructions you need to hold an event. Forms include a donation drive flyer template.
- Start promoting your event!
- Secure your event volunteers and start collecting
- We will deliver and pickup bins approximately 30 minutes before (and after) your event.
- In about 4 weeks your organization receives payment for the total number of bins collected per terms of the agreement.
What items should be collected?
It is important to understand what is acceptable to collect and more importantly what items you will get paid for! If you sign up, your GoodDeeds agreement will contain detailed collection information.
What items cannot be collected?
Goodwill is not able to accept, or remove from your event location, any of the following: food, firearms, ammunition, explosives, fireworks, chemicals, hazardous materials, biohazards, mattresses, large appliances (ovens, washing machines, dryers, dishwashers), tube and projection televisions, tires, child car seats, cribs and other large equipment.
Are collected items tax deductible?
Typically, no. During a donation drive, the donations are being made to your organization, not Goodwill. Check with your accounting manager. Goodwill will not provide donation receipts for your event.
Who can we contact if we have more questions?
For questions and additional information about the GoodDeeds program, please contact Rachel Giarratano, Community Transportation Manager at email@example.com or (505) 881-6401.
Do other local nonprofits partner with Goodwill on these donation drives?
Yes! Goodwill Industries of New Mexico is proud to partner with the following nonprofit organizations and many more:
Note: Qualifying organizations must be approved by Goodwill's management team and be able to provide a W-9 tax form