Our idea is to create your memento with this DIY Back to School Time Capsule! (inspired from iheartcraftythings.com) It's a simple and fun way to document how you changed and grew throughout the year.
All you need is a medium to large size Mason jar or another thrifted container, a few sheets of paper, markers, ribbon, stickers, etc. Decorate it as you please! Then, decide what you will place in the time capsule!
(kids younger than ten may need help with some of these)
1. What are two goals I have for this year?
2. How will I achieve these goals?
3. What do I hope will change about me this year?
4. Right now, I spend most of my time ______________.
5. Today, my favorite song/book/video/series/game is ______________.
6. As I begin this year, I am most nervous about ______________.
7. One thing I would like to learn this year is __________________.
Write out your questions and answers, fold the paper, and put it in the jar. Continue the process, filling the jar with some of your current favorite things or pics of your favorite things (make sure they aren't perishable because you can't open the jar until the last day of school!) Include a selfie from the first day of school too! Finally, close up the jar and place it somewhere safe and out of reach. After the last day of school open up your jar and see how your answers compare to your actual feelings and accomplishments. Did they change? Do you still love the same song? If things didn't go as planned, are you going to keep working on those goals or try something different?
Have you tried creating a time capsule from a mason jar or similar thrifted container? Let us know by tagging us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! And consider shopping at Goodwill for the most affordable back to school outfits. Affordability is the reason we say, "Thrifting takes you back to cool!" #Goodwillit #School